Saturday, August 16, 2008

this bottle of beast is taking me home


Current music: Dashboard
Current mood: NOTHING MATTERS :(

I need to stop. Really. I was stalking people from kindergarten (again!) and I happened upon a super...(I'm not saying it) depressing quote that sounded like it could be from some terribly (again, it's not happening) whiny song. So I googled it, of course. And then I happened upon this blog:

http://www.xanga.com/bottle_of_broken_hearts

Bottle of broken hearts. Yep. But don't ask how they got in there. I am personally more intrigued by the pear inside the liquor bottle on Bea's shelf.

At first, I thought that this blog was some poor middle-schooler pouring his heart out. But as I read on, I was embarrassed to realize that I actually knew about 60% of the song lyrics posted here. Eh. An interesting literary technique used in this blog ( I suppose since the words are unoriginal, we've got to give this kid something) is the use of spaced out adverbs. For example:

i want to lead you on
and let you go --->
e f f o r t l e s s l y

don't go worrying about me
it's not like i think about you
c o n s t a n t l y

My teacher told me not to use adverbs unless it was absolutely necessary. Is it here? I guess that's debatable. Maybe some people were a little too busy drawing black hearts in class to catch that advice.

or maybe they're just doing it
i n t e n t i o n a l l y.

No comments: